IndieCade Kicks Off This Friday
The festival takes place Friday – Sunday, Feb. 15 – 17. Special guests include Kris Piotrowski (creator of Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP) and Doug Wilson (Johann Sebastien Joust).
- Night Games, a Saturday evening of game play over two floors of the Museum
- A New York-centric game design challenge: students and faculty from NYU Game Center and Parsons The New School for Design will face-off in a real-time competition to design a video game in one hour
- Game Slam, in which game makers present their works and an ongoing festival Show and Tell, inviting attendees to share their own games and to receive feedback
- A 10-game arcade tournament
- A festival-long game jam, in which invited participants work day-and-night to build a game, culminating in a presentation of the completed games
Oh yeah, and I’ll be there taking pics, video, and passing out free high-fives. If there’s anything you’d like us to cover, let us know in the comments.
See you there!