I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR A GAME LIKE ‘NO MAN’S SKY’ [E3 2014]
No Man’s Sky from Hello Games looks interesting for a number of reasons. There’s a strong emphasis on isolation and exploration that reminds me a lot of the Metroid games, but the combination of vivid colors and rich textures looks unlike anything I’ve ever seen in a game before.
It’s also an indie game by a small studio with some pretty ambitious goals.
See, when each player starts up a new game, they start all alone on a single planet that is entirely unique to them, complete with creatures unique to that world. The creators claim that game is infinite, with limitless worlds and creatures.
Check out the No Man’s Sky E3 2014 gameplay trailer below for a taste of the craziness.
Here’s a list of the game’s features ripped straight from the official site.
- A TRULY OPEN UNIVERSE If you can see it, you can go there. You can fly seamlessly from the surface of a planet to another, and every star in the sky is a sun that you can visit.
- EXPLORATION IS SEEING THINGS THAT NO-ONE ELSE HAS EVER SEEN BEFORE Every creature, geological formation, plant and spaceship is unique.
- SURVIVE ON A DANGEROUS FRONTIER You are alone and vulnerable, and will face threat everywhere, from deep space to thick forests, barren deserts to dark oceans.
- BUILD FOR AN EPIC JOURNEY Collect precious materials and trade them for better spacecraft and upgrades for your suit and equipment.
- PARALLEL UNIVERSES Choose to share your discoveries with other players, or not. You will never see another player, but you could make your mark on their worlds as well as your own.
Exploring new worlds, being chased by giant alien creatures, and jumping from planet to planet!? How can you NOT be excited for this!?