Angry Video Game Nerd: The Movie
Yes, this is real. This is the world we live in now. One where some dude with a camera can film himself yelling at his TV set while he plays old games and years later become a movie star because of it. Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.
“Angry Video Game Nerd: The Movie” is a passion project by independent filmmakers James Rolfe and Kevin Finn, based on the popular web series. The film is being produced outside the studio system, entirely funded by fan donations. Principle photography took place in Spring of 2012, in the Los Angeles area, with Jason Brewer as the DP. Additional filming is taking place on the East Coast. Editing is in its early stages.
The film is inspired by the famous Atari video game burial of 1982. Atari produced a game based on the biggest blockbuster movie of that year, E.T., and rushed it to meet the deadline for the Christmas shopping season. It was a commercial failure and millions of unsold game cartridges were buried in a desert landfill in Alamogordo, New Mexico. Coincidentally, it’s not too far from Roswell, the landing site of a different kind of E.T.
This looks terrible, but in a sort of ironic good way. I especially like the part when the old dude yells “Where’s my fuckin’ arm!?” Shit’s deep, yo.
- dzumeister reblogged this from albotas
- rustyfridge reblogged this from albotas
- kissanrrd reblogged this from albotas
- lazy-and-gaming reblogged this from albotas and added:
- mac9645 reblogged this from albotas
- oystein-sanne likes this
- arxander reblogged this from albotas
- stuphunuu-muved likes this
- girlseatanchors reblogged this from albotas
- sirlowkey reblogged this from albotas
- tsurikawa-subway-handle likes this
- theonetheonlypaco likes this
- dothereject likes this
- cheezyjee reblogged this from albotas
- thealwayshungryboy reblogged this from albotas and added:
- christrejos likes this
- leeleepou likes this
- c4ristoph3r-cursd likes this
- odrosal reblogged this from albotas
- albotas posted this