Before Claire Redfield, Elza Walker Was Resident Evil 2's Female Star
Prior to the Resident Evil 2 that we all know and love, Capcom had all but finished a completely different version of the game before scrapping it and starting over. That unfinished version has come to be known as Resident Evil 1.5.
Not much is known about Elza Walker aside from the facts that she likes motorcycles and attended Raccoon City University (sidenoted: Raccoon City University should totally be the next game in the RE franchise). Just like Claire Redfied, Elza’s support character was Sherry, but she also had another support character: Robert Kendo - the owner of the gun shop at the very beginning of RE2!
Taking a look at the concept art above, it’s easy to see how Elza’s design slowly changed into Claire Redfield. It even looks like they just reskinned her character model for the final game.
Check 10 minutes of footage from Resident Evil 1.5 below. Watching it feels like witnessing something from the alternate universe in Fringe.
While the police station looks completely different, it looks like most of the Umbrella lab stuff made it to the final version of the game. I wonder what happened to those zombie gorillas and mutant spider men though.
With all the hype around HD re-releases, there could actually be a market for unreleased beta games like this. I can honestly say I’d pay around $40 for a copy of RE 1.5 that I could play on my PS3 or Vita, and there’s plenty of fans out there who would say the same. I just wonder if it would even be worth the effort for Capcom to polish the game off for digital retail.
Think about it, Capcom. Think about it.
- hellinggod likes this
- six-string-superman likes this
- xprincess-sorax reblogged this from albotas
- 1864david likes this
- davidsedler likes this
- dererne likes this
- thatlizardkid reblogged this from raddudelaserpunch
- thatlizardkid likes this
- mojonobu likes this
- danbot24 likes this
- willian6666 likes this
- whiterobes reblogged this from albotas
- call-me-crazy-but likes this
- causticconsular likes this
- notonetocriticize likes this
- lordsasori likes this
- waywardstuffandthings likes this
- pundercracker likes this
- two3ro likes this
- basrev likes this
- gameandgames reblogged this from cincoduros
- in-ferius likes this
- minniesofinebarbie likes this
- pencilinpain likes this
- mordekarl likes this
- terminal-show likes this
- raddudelaserpunch reblogged this from albotas
- raisinbman reblogged this from albotas
- raisinbman likes this
- charlesrengel said: It’d be interesting if they also worked on the original concept for “Resident Evil 4” (Leon & the “haunted house”).
- charlesrengel likes this
- litetheironman reblogged this from albotas
- axelvalentine8 likes this
- kcgorillashit likes this
- azulea reblogged this from memberstars
- falloutenergy596 likes this
- cincoduros reblogged this from albotas
- dark-katana likes this
- kamuiback reblogged this from albotas
- kamuiback likes this
- thedaywedied likes this
- zanxon likes this
- chaoticmidget2 likes this
- chessy-cat likes this
- fraucat likes this
- memberstars reblogged this from manedecalabaza
- memberstars likes this
- manedecalabaza likes this
- manedecalabaza reblogged this from albotas
- mandolorianmerc likes this