Lollipop Chainsaw Valentine Edition, Out Now In Japan
Lollipop Chainsaw Valentine Edition released in Japan last Thursday, with no release in North America as of yet. This edition of the chainsaw-welding cheerleader game includes a “perfect unlock code,” two DVDs, a comic book, and a ton of goodies for your computer, including wallpapers, a desktop clock, and a ton of trailers.”
This game edition runs in Japan at 4,980 yen, which is about $53. It’s pretty affordable if you ask me, but if you plan on importing it from Japan, don’t expect to pay that low of a price.
Check it: Lollipop Chainsaw game review on Albotas
Buy it: Lollipop Chainsaw (360)
A chainsaw-weilding cheerleader, zombies, gratuitous upskirts, and violence that explodes in a barrage of blood, body parts, rainbows, and glitter. You’d think it’d be an easy recipe for one of the greatest games of all time. Not so much, but it’s still pretty damn fun.
- Diverse gameplay always keeps things fresh.
- Terrific voice acting.
- Killer soundtrack.
- Campy potty humor (When it works).
- In a world where FPS games reign supreme, it’s refreshing when something this completely ridiculous and original comes along.
- Too short.
- Fighting system is “meh” and a bit monotonous.
- Normal difficulty is way too easy (seriously, play it on Hard your first time around).
- Campy potty humor (It doesn’t always work).
A Little Bit On The Lollipop Chainsaw Side: Live-action Lollipop Chainsaw commercial spoof for the fictitious Zom-B-Gone gore laundry detergent starring vivacious cosplay vixen Jessica Nigri.
Lollipop Chainsaw Was Scored by a Guy Who Calls Himself Little Jimmy Urine.
Here’s a behind-the-scenes vid where Little Jimmy Urine from one of my least favorite bands of all time, Mindless Self Indulgence, and Grasshopper Manufacture Sound Director Akira Yamaoka discuss coming up with the music for Lollipop Chainsaw.
In addition to an originally composed score, here’s the full list of licensed songs that you’ll hear when Lollipop Chainsaw drops on June 12th:
· Lollipop – The Chordettes
· Pac Man Fever – Buckner & Garcia
· Rock ‘N’ Roll (Will Take You To The Mountain) – Skrillex
· The Way of the Fist – Five Finger Death Punch
· Stop Reading, Start Doing Pushups - Destroy Rebuild Until God Comes
· Riot Rhythm – Sleigh Bells
· Turtle Crazy – Toy Dolls
· 1,000 Cigarettes – MSTRKRFT
· Heroes Of Our Time – Dragonforce
· Nemesis – Arch Enemy
· Needled 24/7 – Children of Bodom
· Mickey – Toni Basil
· You Spin Me Round (Like A Record) – Dead or Alive
· Empire State Human – The Human League
· Cherry Bomb - Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
· Speed - Atari Teenage Riot
A Little Bit On The Lollipop Chainsaw Side: Just in time for Valentine’s Day, here’s a romantic little video showing how Lollipop Chainsaw’s ultra bouncy protagonist, Juliet, saved her true love and gained a severed head/undead sidekick in the process. Ah, romance - short skirted, thigh-highed, and and panty peek-a-booing romance. With glitter, rainbows, and zombies.
Good God, I can’t wait for this game!
A Little Bit On The Evil Dead Side: Lily Collins may no longer be heading up the Evil Dead remake, but another female protagonist is taking up the mantle made famous by Bruce Campbell. One of the available skins for Lollipop Chainsaw will allow Juliet Starling to dress up as the premiere chainsaw wielding zombie killer, Ashley Williams.
(Via Shogun Gamer)
Cheer the Fear Away
David.O (a.k.a. Sem) keeps the love going for Grasshopper Manufacture with this illustration of Juliet Starling from the upcoming over the top horror romp, Lollipop Chainsaw.
Suda 51 and the rest of the gang at Grasshopper Manufacture revealed their next project: Lollipop Chainsaw. Grasshopper Manufacture continues to prove why they, along with Platinum Games, Atlus, and Vanillaware, are my go to Japanese game studios because they seriously don’t give a fuck about playing it safe with their game design.
[Via Andria Sang]