Our longtime amigo Erick Scarecrow has teamed up with Dennaton Games and Devolver Digital for what could be his biggest release to date - a figure based on Jacket, the protagonist in the video game cult sensation Hotline Miami.
Capcom Holds Big Sale on Xbox Live
Here’s your chance to score some Capcom titles for dirt cheap via Xbox Live. Check the list below for some steep discounts on your favorite or soon-to-be favorite Capcom games.
- Asura’s Wrath - $39.99 | $9.99
- Bionic Commando: Rearmed - $9.99 | $4.99
- Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara - $14.99 | $5.10
- Darkstalkers Resurrection - $14.99 | $4.95
- Dead Rising - $19.99 | $6.80
- Dead Rising 2 - $29.99 | $7.49
- Dead Rising 2: Off the Record - $19.99 | $6.80
- Dead Rising 2: Case West - $9.99 | $4.99
- Dead Rising 2: Case Zero - $4.99 | $2.49
- Devil May Cry HD Collection - $29.99 | $9.90
- DmC Devil May Cry - $29.99 | $14.99
- DmC Devil May Cry - Vergil’s Downfall - $8.99 | $4.50
- DustForce - $9.99 | $4.99
- Final Fight Double Impact - $9.99 | $3.99
- Lost Planet 2 - $19.99 | $4.99
- Lost Planet 3 - $39.99 | $13.60
- Mega Man 9 - $9.99 | $4.99
- Mega Man 10 - $9.99 | $4.99
- Remember Me - $39.99 | $9.99
- Resident Evil 4 HD - $19.99 | $6.59
- Resident Evil 5 - $19.99 | $6.60
- Resident Evil 5 Untold Stories Bundle - $11.99 | $3.96
- Resident Evil 6 Additional 3-Mode Pack - $8.99 | $4.49
- Resident Evil Code: Veronica X HD - $19.99 | $6.59
- Resident Evil Revelations - $39.99 | $13.60
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - $39.99 | $11.59
- Street Fighter 3: Third Strike Online Edition - $14.99 | $3.75
- Street Fighter X Tekken Additional Characters Pack - $19.99 | $4.99
- Super Puzzle Fighter - $9.99 | $4.99
- Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD - $14.99 | $5.10
CHECK IT: More Capcom on Albotas
BUY: Devil May Cry HD Collection 360 | PS3
Pokemon Center Online Store Opens Up
The official Pokemon Center online store has finally opened up. The traffic on the website has been pretty hectic, but if you manage to make it through, you can purchase a Pokemon plush, keychain, t-shirt, and a bunch of other gifts over at the webstore. That includes the limited edition Special Delivery Pikachu plush seen up top.
To also celebrate the grand opening of the store, Pokemon Y/X users can receive a special level 12 Vivillon that is designed to look like a Pokeball. The Pokemon is available as “mystery gift" from now through Aug. 12. Check the Vivillion up top.
CHECK IT: More Pokemon on Albotas
BUY: Pokemon X | Pokemon Y
Mario Kart 8 Mercedes-Benz DLC Revealed
Here’s the Japanese trailer for Mario Kart 8 Mercedes-Benz DLC releasing for free on August 27. No word if this is coming to the West right now, but the event in Japan will kick off a four week-long online competition called the Mercedes Cup after this free DLC is released.
CHECK IT: More Mario Kart on Albotas
BUY: Mario Kart 8 for the Wii U
Zelda Monopoly Is Now A Tangible Object
GameStop is soon to be officially selling a Monopoly set themed with The Legend of Zelda. The board game is $40 and will release September 15 with exclusive items to the GameStop edition. The game will include a bonus Ocarina of Time game token, as well as 6 ‘power play’ cards that include Goddess Harp, Wind Walker, Minish Cap, Spirit Flute, Phantom Hourglass, and Ocarina of Time, that promises to add a new twist to gameplay.
CHECK IT: More of The Legend of Zelda on Albotas
BUY: Nintendo themed Monopoly
HERE, HAVE SOME ‘MIRROR’S EDGE 2’ CONCEPT ART
Hot damn this game looks gorgeous and I can’t wait. Check out the developer diary and E3 trailer below to fill your eyeballs with more of this game’s amazing visuals.
Hey, guys… that was totally Link in the trailer for the new Zelda game at E3.
Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma finally put the rumors rumors to rest as to whether or not the character shown in the new Zelda Wii U trailer is actually Princess Zelda or Link.
"It’s a rumour," Aonuma said with a chuckle when I asked him about the speculation buzzing around online.
"Actually that comment I made jokingly," he said. "It’s not that I said that it wasn’t Link. It’s that I never said that it was Link. It’s not really the same thing, but I can understand how it could be taken that way.
"It seems like it has kind of taken off where people are saying ‘oh it’s a female character’ and it just kind of grew. But my intent in saying that [was humour]. You know, you have to show Link when you create a trailer for a Zelda announcement."
However, he doesn’t want players to focus too much on Link’s appearance in the trailer.
"I don’t want people to get hung up on the way Link looks because ultimately Link represents the player in the game," he said.
"I don’t want to define him so much that it becomes limiting to the players. I want players to focus on other parts of the trailer and not specifically on the character because the character Link represents, again, the player."
Link or Zelda, all that matters is that this game looks gorgeous and it’s coming out and we should all be excited/thankful.
KICKSTART THIS SHIZZ: HOMEMAKE
HomeMake is a superbly stylish platformer currently in development by two architecture students and it is in serious need of funding on Kickstarter. The visuals are gorgeous, the music is a super hip mix of hip-hop and soulful jazz, and the concept is wonderfully unique.
HomeMake takes place on an inverted planet in a neon electric playground city environment. Players can switch between bodies on the fly - each one controlling differently than the other. Some jump higher, some run faster, some see the world more vividly, and some have a softer sense of sound. The cool part is, even though you’re changing bodies, you’re still playing as one character - one consciousness or soul floating in and out different vessels to achieve a goal.
In HomeMake, as the player swaps bodies, your desires are handed off to the new character. The same goal is required but now must be continued with a different body. The game character inhabits a new body, maintaining self mentally, but losing self physically. Commenting on the meaning of self and identity, when you finally achieve your desires, are you truly the same person you were when you started? Or have you become someone new? Is the act more important than the object in a world where something as precious as the body is discarded?
Check out the trailer below then click here to Kickstart this shizz.
I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR A GAME LIKE ‘NO MAN’S SKY’ [E3 2014]
No Man’s Sky from Hello Games looks interesting for a number of reasons. There’s a strong emphasis on isolation and exploration that reminds me a lot of the Metroid games, but the combination of vivid colors and rich textures looks unlike anything I’ve ever seen in a game before.
It’s also an indie game by a small studio with some pretty ambitious goals.
See, when each player starts up a new game, they start all alone on a single planet that is entirely unique to them, complete with creatures unique to that world. The creators claim that game is infinite, with limitless worlds and creatures.
Check out the No Man’s Sky E3 2014 gameplay trailer below for a taste of the craziness.
Here’s a list of the game’s features ripped straight from the official site.
- A TRULY OPEN UNIVERSE If you can see it, you can go there. You can fly seamlessly from the surface of a planet to another, and every star in the sky is a sun that you can visit.
- EXPLORATION IS SEEING THINGS THAT NO-ONE ELSE HAS EVER SEEN BEFORE Every creature, geological formation, plant and spaceship is unique.
- SURVIVE ON A DANGEROUS FRONTIER You are alone and vulnerable, and will face threat everywhere, from deep space to thick forests, barren deserts to dark oceans.
- BUILD FOR AN EPIC JOURNEY Collect precious materials and trade them for better spacecraft and upgrades for your suit and equipment.
- PARALLEL UNIVERSES Choose to share your discoveries with other players, or not. You will never see another player, but you could make your mark on their worlds as well as your own.
Exploring new worlds, being chased by giant alien creatures, and jumping from planet to planet!? How can you NOT be excited for this!?
FIRST TRAILER FOR UNCHARTED 4 [E3 2014]
Sony wrapped up their E3 press conference with the first look Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End. Check it out below and let us know what you think!
Check it: More E3 2014 hoopla.
FIRST TRAILER FOR THE ‘RATCHET AND CLANK’ MOVIE [E3 2014]
Here’s a first look at the upcoming Ratchet and Clank film coming to theaters in 2015 along with the all new remake of the original built from the ground up for the PS4.
Check it: More E3 2014 posts
Loving this clever pic by the one and only COMBO. Who remembers Ecco The Dolphin? Only version I ever played was the one for Game Gear and I never really liked it, but I’d play it for hours anyway.
DAILY GRAFFITI: WASTED YOUTH EDITION
This piece of street art was submitted to our Geek Graffiti Flickr Group by 2nez. It reminds me of the days when my mom would go to the mall to get her hair did and give me five bucks to spend at the arcade. Five bucks which immediately went into one of three games: The Simpsons, X-Men, or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Kids these days will never know how good it used to be.